Sherwood Center depends on the generous donations of the community it serves. Through fundraising and donations by individuals, we are able to provide our broad range of services.

Donate Your Money

We receive program fees for service that cover approximately 82% of our costs; the other 18% must be raised through various fundraising efforts and we rely on the generous support of the community to help us reach our goals

Donate Your Time

Each year, Sherwood Center utilizes over 500 volunteers who work 2000+ hours helping out around the building. This year alone, 150 volunteers participated in the CFC Day of Caring and worked all day, in the rain, to help us clean, paint, weed and cut back trees. Volunteers also adopt our families during the holidays – making sure our students and adults are able to celebrate during this special time of year.

We host an annual, two-day Blues & BBQ event that uses over 100 volunteers for set-up, clean-up, to sell tickets, work the beer truck or man the raffle ticket sales.

Other people get involved by helping directly in the classroom. Teachers may assign volunteers a student to work with for the day or use them to complete a special project.

Whatever your interest, we are happy to have you help!

If you are interested in volunteering, please email us now!

Donate Unwanted Household Items

We have an on-going wish list of items that we can use in our programming. Sherwood Center partners with Maj-R-Thrift to receive a portion of all sales donated on our behalf. Call (816) 965-0975 to schedule a pick up and mention Sherwood Center.

Everyday items we are always in need of:
  • Lysol or Clorox wipes
  • Kleenex
  • Hand sanitizer (desk size-unscented)
  • Toothpaste (travel size)
  • Toothbrushes (individually wrapped)
  • School supplies – crayons, scissors, pencils, pens, glue, etc.
Building items we are currently in need of:
  •  Flat screen, smart tv’s for instructional use
  • Full size refrigerators
  • Laminating machine
  • DVD and VCR players
  • Microwaves
  • Scooters
  • MP3 players/iPods
  • iPads or old iPhones
  •  Playground balls
  •  Therapy balls
  •  CD player/radio combos
  •  Headphones (wired and wireless)
  •  Wii games and controllers
  •  Twin sheets with stripes
  •  Bass guitar

CONTACT US

ADULT DAY SERVICES
7938 Chestnut Ave. Kansas City, Missouri 64132

816.381.9661
816.822.1988

SPECIAL EDUCATION SERVICES
8030 Ward Parkway Plaza Kansas City, Missouri 64114

816.333.3344
816.333.3377

UPCOMING EVENTS